So today Kitkat update for Samsung Galaxy S4 has leaked and to update and download we have made a simple and short guide.
Important note please check your phone model number if its I9505 you can update and if it is any other model you cannot update as of now
Country: Open Europe
Version: Android 4.4.2
Build date: Thu, 2 Jan 2014 23:30:51 +0000
Product Code: OXA
NOTE: You are doing this at your OWN risk. We are not responsible if you brick your device or your cat eats your phone.
This test firmware will NOT increase your binary counter NOR void your warranty.
This test firmware is a pre-release build and not official from Samsung.
– Extract (unzip) the firmware file
– Download Odin3 v3.09 (From here or here)
– Extract Odin .ZIP file
– Open Odin3 v3.09
– Restart phone in download mode (Press and hold Home + Power + Volume down buttons)
– Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
– Add I9505XXUFNA1_I9505OXAFNA1_I9505XXUFNA1_HOME.tar.md5 to AP
– Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
– Click start button, sit back and wait a few minutes.
– If you encounter any issues with the firmware (Any FC, Bootloop etc)
– Boot into recovery mode (Home+power+vol up)
– Choose to wipe/factory reset. (THIS WILL ERASE ALL OF YOUR DATA INCLUDING YOUR INTERNAL SD CARD!)
– Then choose reboot and you should be good to go!