As Nokia announced Windows Phone black update now its rolling out for Lumia devices that include 1020, 925, 920, 820, 720,625,620, 520
Features of Windows Phone Black Update are
- App Folder: Group apps and settings into a single tile/folder on the Start screen.
- Nokia Glance Screen 2.0: Now includes notifications for missed calls, new texts and IMs, emails and more. Also packs in new night mode colors.
- Bluetooth LE: Support for Bluetooth LE, which is used by a number of wearables and accessories.
- Nokia Refocus: Support for the Nokia Refocus app, which can be used by Lumia phones with 1GB of RAM or more. Allows users to take a photo and then change the focus later on.
- Nokia Beamer: Updated version allows users to send documents, presentations and more to an HTML5-capable device by scanning a QR code. Available to phones with 1GB of RAM or higher.
- Nokia Storyteller: Expanded availability of an app that arranges photos by date and place to create a sort of storybook.
- Nokia Camera: Now available to all Lumia Windows Phone 8 models, gives users greater control over camera settings. Update also brings support for raw DNG format on the Lumia 1020.
- Improved imaging: Better image quality, especially on the Lumia 1020, including a new oversampling algorithm that reduces noise in photos.
- Microsoft improvements: Driving Mode, custom ringtones for contacts, ability to close apps in multitasking view and screen rotation lock.
How do I update?
The Lumia Black update has begun rolling out now for Lumia 1020 and Lumia 925 smartphones, with other models in the range following in the coming weeks. For more information go tohttp://www.nokia.com/global/support/software-update/wp8-software-update/.
Your Nokia Lumia smartphone automatically checks for updates every week, and will notify you when it finds one. Otherwise, you can go to Settings -> Phone update and check for yourself. If Lumia Black is ready for your phone, you’ll be able to download and install it straight from that screen.