What is Rooting?
Rooting means to get Root access of phone that is the access to each and every corner of phone where usually can’t look around. Generally you can only modify and add files and info in SD Card or a similar partition for storing data on your phone internal memory.
After rooting you can access system files, delete them, modify them and do whatever you want. Instead of Company boot logo you can set your picture and much more.
Advantages Of Rooting
- You can delete system apps and useless files using apps like Root Explorer
- Install AdAway to get rid of ads from your phone
- Tweak your Android to Optimize performance, Battery and stability
- Remove certain system restriction and convert external card to internal.
- Backup your phone completely using TWRP, Titanium Backup, completely with their data
- Automate Everything Using apps like Tasker
- Lastly Flash Custom ROM for system updates even if your manufacturer has disowned your device.
Disadvantages of Rooting
- Kiss Goodbye to warranty, Though some devices can be restored to 100% stock, many devices of Samsung and HTC can’t be restored 100% leading to loss of warranty.
- Instability: Certain Tweaks Can lead to unstable system, frequent force closes and auto reboot.
- Risk of Brick if important files are messed up with